- The cheetah is the fastest mammal on land.
- The cheetah can run up to 70 miles per hour (112 kilometers/hour)
- The cheetah is amazingly quick. They can go from 0 to 70 mph (112 kilometers/hour) in only three seconds.
- Cheetahs can get their speed partly because their stride length is so long. A cheetah's stride is 20 to 22 feet (6 to 6.7 meters).
- Cheetahs are carnivores that means they only eat meat.
- Cheetahs are hunters. Their amazing speed allows them to catch their prey.
- Most wild cheetahs are found in southwestern and eastern Africa.
- A cheetah’s habitat is a grassland. A cheetah’s spots help to make them camouflaged in grassland. This helps cheetah's sneak up on their prey.
- There are less than 10,000 cheetahs left in the wild. Although there are cheetahs found in zoos throughout the world.
- Cheetahs can grow to be 1.1 to 1.4 meters long ( 3.6 to 4.5 ft).
- Cheetahs weigh between 69-140 pounds (31 to 63 kilograms).
- An interesting fact about the cheetah. Cheetahs can survive without water for 4 days.
Cheetahs blend in well with the grasslands